Tuesday, May 17, 2011

our NEW home!

Well we have been secretly looking and looking and looking for a new house to call our home. We found one back in March, bid on it, and WON THE BID! It has been a whirlwind of emotions and check lists since then. We closed the end of April and we have yet to move in... Why?? Well where do I begin.

PAINT! The previous owners... let's just say I have NO idea what they were thinking. They had some REALLY ugly colors. And not only that, but the attention to detail was severely lacking! With the help of my parents, (and that is a total understatement) the living room, entry way, kitchen, hallways, and Haylee's room have all been repainted. It is SO beautiful. The hallways, kitchen, and entry way are all an oatmeal color. The living room is a really pretty soft green color. I LOVE IT! It has turned out so beautiful. The front "game room" was painted a dark chocolate brown, which we kept. The master was a light brownish, neutral color, we kept that too. Chade's room has wood floors and is a darker blue color, which is the closest to black he is going to get. That kid LOVES black! (who's the blame him... black is my favorite color of clothes for myself... but I have an excuse!)

THE AIR CONDITIONER! This has been the biggest headache, problem, pain in the you know what ever... welcome to home ownership right? I knew going into the house there was a problem. But it was thought to be electrical. Well, after the electrician came out... it was NOT. It was diagnosed as the compressor. The unit itself is ALMOST 10 years old. I found out (with the help of my mommy) that it was still under warranty! YEAH! NOT! It was still going to be $1200 to fix it! Well the AC company came out yesterday (monday) and since FRIDAY someone stole the motor and the fan blade! What's the luck right? So now we are buying a whole entire new AC unit! Not what I had planned, but it will be better... I am hopeful.

This has been alot of fun but expensive! We had to buy a new range, an above the range microwave (apparently the previous homeowners needed it more) and then last night on top of the new ac unit we bought a new refrigerator! I never thought I would be old enough to be purchasing these things! So after tomorrow morning we will have AC... and with it being hot already I can't wait. So this weekend we will move it.

I am very excited to be moving into our new home. To be starting a life and settled with roots going down here. As much as this has been a headache and learning experience I wouldn't want to be doing anything else!

1 comment:

Humphrey Family said...

Congratulations Rachel! I know moving is not fun; but it will be into YOUR home that you OWN! Sooo excited for you