Monday, September 5, 2011

1986

In 1986 I turned 5 years old. I do not remember my birthday this year but I do remember starting kindergarten. My teacher was Mrs. Jones and she was a fantastic teacher. I remember I really loved her! I also remember my mom was pregnant. My parents used to tell me that when we went through a more closed up tunnel bridge that you were supposed to hold your breathe and make a wish. Every single time I would hold my breathe and make a with that the baby growing in my mom's belly was a girl. I already had two brothers and I was feeling a little out numbered.

September 1, 1986 was my first day of kindergarten. September 2, 1986 was my second day of school. That night we went to bed like normal, however sometime in the middle of the night we were awoken and taken over to our friends house. They had a  big couch bed all made up for me and my brothers. They had a daughter who was my same age and we went to the same school.

September 3, 1986 I woke up at my friend's house and got ready for school. Before school started I received the most exciting phone call from my parents who were at the hospital. IT WAS A GIRL!!

Meridith Marie Petty was born on September 3, 1986.

All I had ever wanted was a sister and I got it! We shared a room and started a bond that would only grow stronger through the years. Don't get me wrong there were many times that we fought and couldn't stand one another... but on that day of her birth I was excited! I went to school and Mrs. Jones let me tell the whole class about her.

September 3, 2011 we celebrate without her here. This year we took 25 pink balloons to the cemetery. In the morning I had talked to Haylee about the day and told her about it. I cried. I think because I really miss her alot. She was what I wished for 25 years ago. That afternoon we met up with the family to do the balloons. This year and this time Haylee was not ok with it. She wanted to leave almost the moment we got there and then told us several times she hated balloons. She did not want the one my mom brought for her. I think Haylee is older and understands more now. She asks me about Meridith all the time.

25 yeas ago my wish came true. 25 years ago I finally had a sister to call my very own.

Happy Birthday to my sweet sister. I would of loved to celebrate with you this year.

No comments: