Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The ONLY December 2009 Post...

Well actually there will be two... cause you know Auntie Rachel HAS to blog about Calan's FIRST birthday! This month has been a whirlwind and a really busy one at that. Work is super busy. Life at home is super busy. Christmas was busy. The end of the year is almost here and it is just BUSY. I am looking for a new car, and I think I finally found one. And if so then I am getting it tomorrow... as long as a few other things work out. But that alone has been a mess... and I will be THANKFUL when it is all done!


At work I FREEZE! I wear a scarf almost every day... sometimes cause they are pretty and they match, but really it is because I am developing a case of frost bite! I got TWO snuggies for Christmas... and let me tell you how much I freaking LOVE them! So I threatened to bring them to work and "snuggie up". So the other day I did, and I got all "snuggied up" for Crystal. We have been so busy that I thought the little laugh would be good. And it was... We caught a snapshot of B as he walked out of the room and it was a CLASSIC B face for us. But for the moment that I had it around me I was WARM! I really didn't want to take it off, but I did... it's not exactly professional ya know?


This is the 4 girls... we just hired a new assistant, so this picture is ALREADY outdated... but I am so blessed to have this group. We all get along and sincerely care for each other. Not only at work but on a personal level too. We have some good times with each other and I actually like going to work. I miss my Haylee Bug... but I like my job and my girls.

This was the only picture that turned out on Christmas Eve... Haylee and Chade had reindeer food to leave out... it was SO cold and snow was everywhere but they put on jackets and went out there in jammies to scatter the food around. It was fun and really cute.

Christmas was alot of fun this year. Haylee comes and gets in bed with me EVERY night... well almost every night. And Christmas Eve was no exception. She came in and it was still pitch black dark outside. Well the MOMENT I moved that little girl said, in a VERY excited and I can't contain myself much longer voice...
Haylee: Mommy, guess what? Santa came to our house last night!
Mommy: (really sleepy voice) Oh yeah really... how do you know Haylee?
Haylee: Because he left me stuff in my stocking and Flicker!
Mommy: WHAT? How do you know that???
Haylee: Me and Chade went downstairs and checked!

So about this time I checked the time... 4:45am!! To which we got up (before 5am) went downstairs and opened presents. Apparently Chade was awake for whatever reason... and he heard Haylee wake up to come get in bed with me. He stopped her and told her that he was going downstairs... she asked if she could come too. So they came downstairs together and checked out the loot. They did NOT get into the stockings or touch anything... they just came downstairs to check it out. So she came and climbed in bed with me and tried to be all quiet, but the MOMENT I moved she was done and couldn't stop. Chade wanted to stay in bed after that.... but the excitement was TOO much to not go down and start Christmas at 5am!

Haylee that day was ALL over the place all day long. No nap... and bounced ALL day. I tried to nap, but it never really did work out for me to actually make a difference. It was worth it to see the excitement in my little Bug!

ps... at this time ONE year ago... we were at the hospital WAITING for Calan to make his appearance! It was So exciting!

2 comments:

AngeeBee said...

4:45 is C-R-A-Z-Y! You are seriously one of THE best Mom's ever! My children didn't come to get me out of bed until 8am and then we all started opening our stockings!

I LOVE Christmas and all the wonderful memories in the making!

Love you!

I have a good life said...

What a fun Christmas!!! And, Wow! That was early! :)