Well today starts another year. I wonder what the BIG points of this year will be??
Last year...
1. Me and Haylee moved out and we are finally a family of our own!
2. Got a new AMAZING job with the BEST people I could ask for.
3. Met and fell in LOVE with Adam!
4. Bought a new car... on December 31, 2009
5. Brett and Britt moved to Colorado and QUICKLY realized where the real family that LOVES them was and moved right on back to TEXAS!
6. Aaron and Kimmie FINALLY got married!
7. Me and Haylee took our first vacation with just the two of us... and we drove to Colorado!
Today I made black eyed peas. This is a family tradition. I guess it's a southern thing. My dad grew up in Dallas and every year you eat them on January 1. It is supposed to bring you good luck. I remember as kids all 4 of us HATED them. He would force us to eat ONE bite...and we would throw big ole fits and sometimes he would get mad, but we always ate ONE bite. Now as I am older I woke up this morning looking forward to going over to my parents house to eat my black eyed peas with my dad. This is one that that I will always do. HOWEVER I find out this morning that my dad and Brett went hunting and there is NO BLACK EYES PEAS! I was in panic mode... I know that they sell out! So we ran to Albertson's and they had a bunch... so I got some, came home and into the crock pot they went. And everyone had a bite. Haylee had a bowl (that girl loves all things bean). Chade and Adam had one bite, they aren't fans.. yet! I had a bowl too. I am so thankful that my dad always did that... I love the tradition and the memories that I have with them. I sure hope they got some dear... cause I missed my daddy's peas!
No comments:
Post a Comment