Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Firsts





I have been meaning to post about firsts. Haylee started BIG GIRL school this year. She is in pre-K and only goes for three hours a day but IT'S BIG GIRL SCHOOL! No more day care/pre-school... real life school. Where absences count and there are grades and tardies... I didn't think it would really effect me since I have never been able to stay home with her. I have always worked and she has always gone to "school". I was wrong. I took her to meet the teacher night and that was alright... but the first day of school was a whole load of emotions. I was not the mom boo-hooing as I walked away but I have to say it was right there in my throat.


As we were driving to school that morning she said, "Mom, you don't need to go in with me. I know where my class is and I know how to get there, Ok?" I of course came back with... well tough cookies! I am going in! Thank goodness I did... there were a million parents there. I mean really had I dropped off my FOUR year old she would of been lost for sure!



We had packed her lunch so we made our way to the lunch room where we found her class table and she ate her lunch. I just sat there wondering where the time went. After she was done the kids sit in the hallway by their teachers name until it is time for class. Her teacher then comes down and collects her students and they go to class. I waited with her, (remember the MILLION parents there... can't have my baby be lost) and she looked up and me and said... in her annoyed voice and perfect facial expression "Mom. Why are ALL the parents STILL here?" REALLY child... let us parents have a moment. I just said we all want to make sure you make it to class alright... Which of course she did. Her teacher is ADORABLE! 






Haylee is very lucky to have a young and fun teacher. I can tell she is going to be good for Haylee... who never stops!


She is a goof... and had friends instantly! This was as close as I would get to her... Her teacher started teaching RIGHT away. So I walked away... with a big lump in my throat, because I realized my baby is growing up, and that's a hard thing to grasp.

1 comment:

The Texas Bakers said...

She IS a big girl! I am still in denial. McK has that same shirt. What a cutie!