Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cheer Practice

Cheer practice tonight. Fun stuff! I know where I am two nights a week. I am amazed at how fast these girls are learning and how good they are doing. Amanda (the coach) sits with the girls like this and they learn the words. She go over them several times before they stand up to learn the motions.

Haylee really is learning alot and LOVES it. In the beginning she was shy and wouldn't say the words at all to anyone. But then at the game it was like the light bulb came on, and now she's cool.

Tonight they learned a cheer where they hold thier arms in a box... she was more hugging herself. When they took a break I asked her about it and she ran back out to Amanda and asked her to clarify... they then had a little practice just the two of them. Made me very happy.



The girls are also becoming good friends. The tall girl in black shorts is also named Hailey. My Haylee and her are good friends... in fact its much better when they are not right beside each other. I am sure that's how my Haylee is with everyone... but what can I say, she's a social butterfly and has no problem making friends.

I tried to catch her mid jump... but I was at an odd angle tonight and didn't want to be to big of a distraction. They did a cheer where they introduce themselves and then do a jump... this is where my bug needs more practice. She can jump, that's not the issue, but she needs to learn JUMPS... Cheer Jumps.

The cute part of this cheer is that NONE of them really pay much attention while it is NOT their turn and it is a very short turn.
All in all she is learning and having fun while doing it, that is what matters most! HOPEFULLY we will have our uniforms this week. That's what we can't wait for... UNIFORMS! There has been some uniform drama apparently and alot of pieces are totally out of stock.

No comments: