Dear Meridith... Tonight I went and picked up Haylee's cheer uniform! HOLY COW she's got some serious attitude with that thing on! I will be sure to take pictures tomorrow, my battery is charged. It reminds me of us when we were little, more you because I didn't cheer at this age. Remember how little you were and how cute the little bity cheerleaders are? She really is growing up to be quite the little fireball. She laughs and cries, all with alot of drama! She is such a joy and I am the luckiest girl ever to have her to myself. Up until last week I didn't think she was getting the whole cheer thing, but at the game it's like a light went off... she gets it! Every time she sees flowers she wants to buy them and take them to you. How is Tippi?? She cried the other night for him, she really misses him. I wish sometimes she would cry for you, not because I want her to be sad, but because that would mean she would remember you. She doesn't. That is very hard for me. You were awesome and an excellent aunt. I know how excited you were when she was born. Remember that time that you kept her while I worked at the bank in Arlington... you had those AWFUL pesky cramps and I found you just wanting to pluck your eyeballs out in the bathroom at the Parks Mall?? Then we have to walk 50 miles to the car because it was Christmas time and the parking lot was PACKED! Oh that was funny... not so much then, but really funny now. You know if it wasn't for those damn cramps you would of been sitting up and awake in the jeep!! I am sure not buckled since the week or so before you lectured me on how you don't have to be buckled when you are in the backseat. Brett has a baby now, Calan. He ADORES Haylee and has started to call her mae mae. Why mae mae? There is no M in her name. It is very cute though. Mom has a picture on her camera that I took of them last week at Haylee's game. I am sure it is cute, but I don't have a copy yet. Sorry this is so random... I haven't talked to you in so long and I just have so much to say it's like I don't know where to start. I miss your laugh. I miss your attitude. I miss your hands. You had the most danty hands. But long fingers... good piano fingers... too bad you hated that. I miss your eyes and how you would do your makeup. I miss your crazy hair when you would wake up and how you were blind till you got your glasses or contacts in. I miss your headbands you wore all summer to keep your hair out of your face, since you would NOT turn on the AC in order to save gas... but you would drive with the windows down. I miss watching movies with you. I just miss you. I never in a million years thought that I would have to live without you. But here I am living... without you.
Meridith, I love you.
7 comments:
I will always remember her long fingers. She really did have beautiful hands.
This touched me Rachel. I have tears rolling down my face. I know I don't understand what it feels like to lose a sister, but I know what it feels like to love one and my heart aches for you. saying a prayer now.
I'm sorry you have to feel that kind of pain. You write like I do...just how you talk. I like reading it.
Thats nice! I miss her too! I am soo glad one day we can be with her agian! :) We love you mer!
Okay. Made me cry. Really cry. I miss her too....only 1/1,000,000,000 as much as you, but it is still there. I am sure she is watching out for you in more ways than you even know.
It was nice to catch up this week, even if it was just for a moment.
I guess I missed this last month :( it was nice and sad and- happy and sweet and I am glad you are living..... going on is our job isn't it ? like most jobs some good days and some bad but we never stop missing ((hugs )) love you Rachel
Hugs to you!
Post a Comment