Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Cheerleader

SYA Cowboys Cheerleaders 2010
This year Haylee is a cheerleader for the local youth association. She is on a flag team and they are ADORABLE! We only have 6 cheerleaders and 13 football players. We have a very small team compared to others. But it's a lot of fun. This was a group shot right after the first pep rally. I know that I am the mom of the cute on on the left there... but she really is beautiful. They did a really good job. The football coach had the boys sit in a line in front of the girls while they did a few cheers for them. He told them... Boys pay attention. You have the BEST seat in the house! Then they exchanged little spirit gifts. We gave the boys the throw on the ground popper and pop rocks candy with a note that said, "Start the season with a BANG" They all really liked it.



This was the girls at the first game. Unfortunaly my camera battery died after 3 pictures... so I don't have any really good ones. I got my moms and hers lasted about 10 pictures and then the battery died... what's up with that?

The girls did SO good at the game. Practice is a little all over the place. They still play in the grass and watch everyone else around them (which I can understand there are HUNDREDS of kids there practicing, and I am NOT exaggerating!)



Calan sat with me for most of the game, he LOVES his Mae Mae (that's what he calls Haylee for whatever reason we don't know) and could not stand to be more then 2 feet from her. He fought HARD to be with her the entire time. When she had a break she would be the awesome cousin she is and come be with him. I am so glad they love each other. I did get a good picture of them together on my mom's camera, but I don't have those pictures yet.

We are bummed that they do not have uniforms in yet. YES she will have an actual cheerleader uniform, skirt and 
pom poms and megafone and all, but they have not come in yet. We are very bummed, they only have 8 games and the first game we had to wear our camp uniform... oh well, they were VERY cute no matter what they were wearing. I am excited to see Haylee grow this year, and can't wait till next week for the next game. It's a home game! This week we all met and decorated our cars and caravaned out to the game. It was alot of fun.

2 comments:

Lana said...

so cute! can't wait to see her in the skirt and pom poms!!

Anjolee said...

So cute Rachel! I love this. She is very pretty! She will have such a good time cheering.