Wednesday, September 10, 2008

One Step At A Time

There is a song out by Jordan Sparks, the American Idol winner from a few seasons ago that I have fallen in love with. Every once in a while when I hear a song that relates to me and my life at the moment it just sticks. When I heard this one I knew that it came on at that moment for me. It's like a theme song right now...



Hurry up and wait
So close, but so far away
Everything that you've always dreamed of
Close enough for you to taste
But you just can't touch
You wanna show the world, but no one knows your name yet
Wonder when and where and how you're gonna make it
You know you can if you get the chance
In your face as the door keeps slamming
Now you're feeling more and more frustrated
And you're getting all kind of impatient waiting
We live and we learn to take
One step at a time
There's no need to rush
It's like learning to fly
Or falling in love
It's gonna happen and it's
Supposed to happen that we
Find the reasons why
One step at a time
You believe and you doubt
You're confused, you got it all figured out
Everything that you always wished for
Could be yours, should be yours, would be yours
If they only knew
You wanna show the world, but no one knows your name yet
Wonder when and where and how you're gonna make it
You know you can if you get the chance
In your face as the door keeps slamming
Now you're feeling more and more frustrated
And you're getting all kind of impatient waiting
We live and we learn to take
One step at a time
There's no need to rush
It's like learning to fly
Or falling in love
It's gonna happen and it's
Supposed to happen that we
Find the reasons why
One step at a time
When you can't wait any longer
But there's no end in sight when you need to find the strength
It's the faith that makes you stronger
The only way you get there
Is one step at a time
We live and we learn to take
One step at a time
There's no need to rush
It's like learning to fly
Or falling in love
It's gonna happen and it's
Supposed to happen that we
Find the reasons why
One step at a time
Right now I am taking everything one step at a time, and I know that I will make it through whatever it is that I put my mind too, as long as I take it one step at a time.

7 comments:

The Tall and Short of it said...

I love that song also! I hope you find a place soon. Are you looking in our ward??? I hope so!! It will be so nice for you to have a place of your own, just the two of you!!!!! Good Luck!

The Tall and Short of it said...

That post makes me think of another song, Just the two of us. not sure if that is the name or not, I think Will Smith sang it?? Or maybe I'm just not thinking straight right now??!!! lol sorry for being a goof ball!!

I have a good life said...

That is a nice song...and a great reminder to slow life down and let things happen in their own due time. :) Thanks for sharing.

Robbie said...

What a good song! And so true. The delayed gratification is so much more rewarding when it is all over than the instant gradification is.

I love you Rachel and everything will fall into place when it is the right time to fall into place!

Robin said...

Remember to ask the Lord whats right and then have the faith to listen for the answer. I love you.

Anonymous said...

I believe in you Rachel and you can accomplish anything that you set your mind to. I'm here and I love you.

AngeeBee said...

RACHEL... HI, HOLA and all that jazz! I am SO excited I found your blog! It is beautiful! Haylee is GORGEOUS and your picture with her could not be more beautiful!

You are an amazing, wonderful woman who has taken on the world and you are handling it all with a grace and finesse that I admire you for... but then again you have a great role model for handling life with finesse... and Robin lives there with you!

Con TODO mi amor!