it hits me...
Haylee doesn't know and won't ever know Meridith.
When Haylee stated at her school they had all the parents make family posters so that the kids could see pictures of their families all day long. The kids were SO proud of their poster. They would brag to the other kids and get territorial about it when others were checking it out.
This started in the younger toddler room (age 12-18 months) and the same poster followed the kids through the three year old class. Well now that she is in younger pre-k the poster came home. She got it out tonight and we were looking at it... she would not tell me who the people were... I was asking about Meridith. Its the pictures from her high school graduation when I was preggo and Brett was on his mission. She would not tell me it was Aunt Mer Mer... and then it hit me...
What if she has forgotten?
Am I not talking about her and showing her enough pictures?
Is she forgetting all that I have told her?
Because she won't remember the first 6 months of her life when Meridith was alive.
Meridith was so excited when I had Haylee. She was in Idaho going to school and could NOT concentrate in class. One of her teachers noticed and asked her what was wrong... she told this teacher that her sister was at the hospital having a baby and her parents were in Argentina picking up her brother from his mission... Her teacher was surprised that she was in class and NOT with me... then she said that I was in Texas. If it was up to her she would of been on a plane already coming home. But me being the mommy I told her NO that she was to stay in class since she was coming home in one week. I so wish that I would of let her. I would of loved to go through all of that with her. I had Aaron, my other brother, and that was so awesome. I wish that she could of been here one week earlier... it would of been one more week that I would of had her all to myself before that horrible day in May.
This is Haylee's forth birthday, and it's the forth birthday with out Meridith. At my baby shower my best friends had all my guests make first birthday cards for Haylee... I have the one from Meridith. Its a real treasure... I just miss her, and it's something like this that makes it hard all over again... She was so awesome and So excited to have a niece, and now here we are going on with our life without her... it doesn't seem right....
So it hit me... while she was playing... that I still don't have my sister here... that my daughter and her aren't best friends... that I miss her more and more each day...
Haylee doesn't know and won't ever know Meridith.
When Haylee stated at her school they had all the parents make family posters so that the kids could see pictures of their families all day long. The kids were SO proud of their poster. They would brag to the other kids and get territorial about it when others were checking it out.
This started in the younger toddler room (age 12-18 months) and the same poster followed the kids through the three year old class. Well now that she is in younger pre-k the poster came home. She got it out tonight and we were looking at it... she would not tell me who the people were... I was asking about Meridith. Its the pictures from her high school graduation when I was preggo and Brett was on his mission. She would not tell me it was Aunt Mer Mer... and then it hit me...
What if she has forgotten?
Am I not talking about her and showing her enough pictures?
Is she forgetting all that I have told her?
Because she won't remember the first 6 months of her life when Meridith was alive.
Meridith was so excited when I had Haylee. She was in Idaho going to school and could NOT concentrate in class. One of her teachers noticed and asked her what was wrong... she told this teacher that her sister was at the hospital having a baby and her parents were in Argentina picking up her brother from his mission... Her teacher was surprised that she was in class and NOT with me... then she said that I was in Texas. If it was up to her she would of been on a plane already coming home. But me being the mommy I told her NO that she was to stay in class since she was coming home in one week. I so wish that I would of let her. I would of loved to go through all of that with her. I had Aaron, my other brother, and that was so awesome. I wish that she could of been here one week earlier... it would of been one more week that I would of had her all to myself before that horrible day in May.
This is Haylee's forth birthday, and it's the forth birthday with out Meridith. At my baby shower my best friends had all my guests make first birthday cards for Haylee... I have the one from Meridith. Its a real treasure... I just miss her, and it's something like this that makes it hard all over again... She was so awesome and So excited to have a niece, and now here we are going on with our life without her... it doesn't seem right....
So it hit me... while she was playing... that I still don't have my sister here... that my daughter and her aren't best friends... that I miss her more and more each day...
5 comments:
I miss her more everyday... Meridith is there pulling for you guys. She loved Haylee so very much. There are moments when she reminds me of Meridith. Her Aunt Mer Mer isn't far away.
There is something you can do now Rachel! You can teach Haylee all that Meridith learned, all that you learned. Haylee will have her time to see her again, just as you will. You can only give Haylee the teachings that will get her there. I know that we have a loving, kind Father in Heaven. He has provided a way for us to have an eternal family. Not just an earthly family but a forever family! That is pretty awesome!
Teaching Haylee about eternal families is the most perfect way to help her learn and understand she will see Meridith again!
Rachel, I think you are smart, beautiful, stubborn, loving and patient. Meridith is lucky to be your sister! I didn't know Meridith well but I know she would want you to be striving to teach Haylee about our Savior and His plan for her!
I am grateful that you are MY friend!
What a touching tribute post. It is truly a tragedy that those two beauties won't know each other now. I am sure Meredith is so aware of little Haylee, though. She did love her so much. I guess we all lose people we love then just have to live the best we can to be with them again some day. And...we show our kids pictures. That is important.
That makes me cry. I am sorry that you have to live with this everyday. I would be devastated if I were to loose my sisters. I love you rachel and am so sorry you have to live with this.
This is so cute and sad! Mer mer loved hailey soo much! she was soo excited to be an aunt! she will be missed forever! i hope you guys are doing well! hailey will one day be with her again ans so will all of us !! :)
Post a Comment