It all started at 4am! That's right 4 AM! Haylee came in our room and I thought that if I layed really still she would go back to sleep... WRONG! The moment I moved she informed me it was Christmas and that means opening presents day! I walked out of room and there was Chade. He woke up and then woke her up to to do the dirty work and wake up the sleeping parents. So here we are... at 4 am walking downstairs to begin Christmas. Santa came and brought Haylee Baby All Gone and Chade a PSP (the handheld playstation gaming system). They also got a stocking filled with candy, a snow globe, a $25 gift card to game stop and a $10 gift card to Build a Bear. This is when the chaos began... The kids got all kinds of goodies and were so excited as they tore through the gifts. It is so rewarding to watch your children as they open the things which you so thoughtfully bought. The excitement and joy they have is enough for me.
When we were all done me and Adam curled up on the couch and I went to sleep and Chade and Haylee started playing with the goods. Adam made us some awesome piggies in a blanket... only he used ham and cheese... YUM! He then disappeared upstairs and I thought I would shower and get Haylee ready to go see my parents... they had something very special for Haylee... well... after shower is was VERY obvious that the 4am wake up time was beginning to show it's ugly head. Daddy to the rescue and she was happy and cuddled up next to me in bed and went to sleep for almost 2 hours. When she woke we went to IHOP!
When we got home me and Haylee headed over to my parents house and she got a few more presents. Santa had called her Papa and asked him to make her bunk beds for her babies... which he agreed to. It is BEAUTIFUL. I love that he makes her things. It is such a special treasure for her... and yet at her young age of 5 does not even yet see it. It all started with her crib, then a baby doll crib... that matched! Now bunk beds for her babies. I hope that one day she will see and understand all that he does for her. He loves her SO much and the bond between my parents and hers is one of a kind. She blessed our life during the worst time, and helped everyone heal. He bubbly personality and smile and the funny things she does.
When we came home Adam was working on dinner. It was FANTASTIC! He did sage roasted cornish hens with veggies... AWESOME! They were so good... I mean I am the luckiest girl to be with a man who not only likes to cook... but he is REALLY GOOD too!!
All and all... Haylee was in bed by 715 or 720... she is OUT now... and now me and Adam are watching a movie and being together... Merry Christmas everyone!
1 comment:
sounds like so much fun!!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment