Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Weekend

This weekend we did the Petty Christmas. Aaron and Kim are going to Tennessee this week and in order to be able to be together we celebrated Saturday morning. I have to admit I was a little nervous about the whole thing... however it was awesome. It was comfortable and it was very nice. My dad made breakfast and we ate. We then tried to read the Christmas story while Haylee and me were to put together the nativity... that didn't go so well. It was Calan's set and all the wanted to do was knock it over. Haylee didn't get what my dad wanted to do... which was put the piece up that went with the part of the story... is star, baby Jesus, etc. We then started the opening of the presents. Haylee was SO excited to give Calan his. We got him a few things... the first thing she gave him was a Toy Story Stand n' Play Rampway. He immediately started pushing on the top because it was making noise. It was VERY cute and he wanted to open it so bad but everyone kept saying not to. He saw that he had broke through the paper some and he peeked inside and yelled buzz... it was SO cute! He finally got to open it and LOVED it. In fact he loved it so much that when you handed him another present he would either push it away or throw it. It was really funny! He finally did get it and then would open stuff up... The other thing we got him was the Toy Story Dinosaur. When he got the top opened he closed it up really fast said Roar and ran away. Apparently he HATES this toy and is scared of it. Brett thought it was a good idea to "prove" it to me by chasing him with it... it almost made me cry he was terrified!

After we finished with all the presents we started playing the xbox... then me and Adam had to run an errand... so the kids stayed there! We stopped at Walmart to grab lunch stuff and headed back. We made lunch and just hung out. When everyone started falling asleep we left to come home and I slept! When I woke I made a dinner of champs... mac n cheese for the kids and then we watched Christmas movies till bed. It was a great day and a fantastic night.

I am so thankful that things seem to be turning around and going better. Family is very important to me and I just hope this is the beginning of a beautiful future! The only part that sucks... I don't carry my camera around any more so I need to get it charged and in my new Coach Purse that my mama got me! So that I can take pictures (like of Calan working with Haylee on his presents) and have visual memories as well!

2 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

aww
i am so glad for y'all

marcia@joyismygoal said...

DID You snag HAYLEES PIC OFF MY BLPG> IT IS SO PRECIOUS