The Janke family does Christmas on Christmas Eve... it is CRAZY and loud and FUN! This year we decided to go over EARLY... I know we are always the last ones to get there... but this year we got over there about a hour and a half early. It was so nice to be there before the Chaos. We helped get things set up and gave nana and papa the presents that we got them. I guess everyone knows that we like to cook... we got a bunch of cooking things! Everyone but Ryan and Becki where there... they had to work. :(
Last year it was freakishly snowing and we had to basically open our gifts and rush out to make the dangerous Texas snow drive home. This year even though it was raining we got to take our time.
When we got home I picked out two gifts from underneath the tree for the kids... jammies! In the mean time I found COAL! Really... Coal?? I think I am getting coal every year now... boo!!! Im NOT naughty! We made some reindeer food and put some glitter in it so it will sparkle for Santa and we sprinkled it out on the yard. Now we are watching Phineas and Ferb Christmas special and going to bed.
I am thankful for my little family and that we are home together, warm and dry and there are a bunch of things under our tree! The kids are so excited... they just can't wait... Hopefully this year we can sleep past 5am! Last year this is when the kids woke us up to open presents!
OH but I can't forget... Chade asked if Santa is doing the stockings...We haven't hung any up yet... OOPS! We forgot to get the stuff for stockings... so I ran to get "milk" but walmart was closed... Thank goodness for CVS... Santa got some good stuff for stockings this year! Go Santa!!!
1 comment:
cvs saved me a few years ago too:)
Post a Comment