Sunday, May 4, 2008

Stake Conference

Today was stake conference. It was really good. Elder Shumway, a general authority, was here visiting. He gave a really good talk. I really enjoyed it. There were a few things that he said that I really enjoyed.

"When you are angry for one minute, you lose 60 seconds of happiness"

He is so right. Usually the things that you are angry about really aren't that big of a deal. Or by the next week it seems silly that you were so angry. Anger has been the topic of alot of lessons or talks. I usually am not an angry person. I do not get angry really easy. I do get frustrated and hurt very easy. Sometimes these emotions I think translate to anger or are perceived as anger. He also said:

"Live your life so that with someone speaks ill of the church, others that know you will KNOW they are wrong"

I can't help but think that maybe these two "lessons" are connected, or have some meaning in my own personal life.

4 comments:

Rach said...

Sounds like a great Stake Conference. I love those two quotes!

Robbie said...

You have changed so much since you lived in Idaho. Of course it is a change for the better.
You have grown a lot!

I am excited to see you this weekend! We will be going to my sisters for lunch, but other than that you and me... Boy times have changed, I am sure it will not be near what it used to be like.

Caroline said...

Hi Rachel! Thanks for stopping by my cake blog! I don't actually have your phone number, but please email your number to yourcakelady@gmail.com and I'll get back to you ASAP. The rubber ducky cake you commented on costs $50. Or if you want to give me the theme of the shower you are hosting, I can design a cake around that theme. Thanks! And I'm so glad to hear that the ant bites are getting better!

I have a good life said...

What a great conference. You are so right that those quotes were awesome. Particularly the live your life so that people KNOW one. I hope you have/had fun in Idaho!