Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Funny Things

Haylee is a hoot. She comes up with some of the FUNNIEST things ever.

Friday: Me and Haylee has just dropped a friend off at the airport and the conversation went something like this:

Haylee: We are at Grandma's Airport... Where is my Grandma? I need to talk to her.

ME: She's at home probably getting ready to go to work. Ill call her for you.

PHONE CONVERSATION:

Haylee: Chatting with Grandmas about her having to go to work. Pulls the phone away from her ear and says... Mommy can we go to the zoo. They have LOTS of animals, monkeys, elephants, lions, bears (the list goes on)

Me: uuummm sure haylee we can go to the zoo.

Haylee: Putting the phone back to her ear... MOMMY SAYS YEAH!!! (as she is screaming with excitment)

She then gives me the phone back and I ask my mom if she has put haylee up to that one... she says no.

It was so nice to go to the zoo just me and haylee. We had fun, even though it was really hot. I decided that it is a really good idea to spend time with only haylee like that more often. She was so excited and in such a good mood the whole entire day. No melt downs and no fits. It was just an overall good day. I do have pictures, but those are coming later.


Saturday:
We go to a wedding in Denton and my mom has to be at the youth dance. By the time I would get her there it was going to be 9 so I tell her thats its fine and we will just stay there with her, its only an hour. Haylee LOVES the youth dances. She dances and wants to be more in the middle, she loves the snacks, esp the little weenies wrapped in cresants that are in her reach. She loved it. When we left we were very thirsty and so we stopped at Sonic. I left my cup in the car that night.

Sunday:
We are leaving church and she says...

Haylee: Mommy I want a drink of that drink. (She is talking about the sonic cup.)

ME: Its empty haylee, it was from last night.

Haylee: I want to try.

as if I am lying to her.

ME: Haylee it really is empty and its old.

when things are old then shes ok if she does not get it.

Haylee: I want a drink from sonic.

Me: Not today haylee, its sunday.

Haylee: (looking all deep in thought) No, its saturday.

Me: laughing, who wouldn't, my two year old is reasoning me and knows that days of the week.

Haylee: It is.... Mommy, don't be ridicilous.



Yes thats what she said, thanks to Uncle Brett for teaching her so say dont be ridicilous. However, it was very funny and it just makes me giggle... esp since shes tooo smart for her two years of life.

2 comments:

nikko said...

Gosh, don't be ridiculous! That's so funny. P says the funniest things, too. It is such a fun age.

D told me that you guys were at the dance. How fun that Haylee enjoyed it so much.

Anjolee said...

Funny girl. I like reading your conversations with Miss Haylee.