Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cooper Kyllo Petty

 Cooper Kyllo was born on July 18, 2011! This auntie is really proud! Not only of my sister in law Kimmie for cooking one totally cute baby boy... but of my brother too. He did amazing! Didn't pass out was strong and has taken on the roll of a daddy just perfectly. I have to say it is a little bitter sweet watching my brothers grow. Me and Aaron have always been a little closer and then when he was my birthing coach, totally unplanned, with my sweet Haylee it just got closer. I knew he would do just fine because he was a pro 5 years ago. I am totally smitten by this little man. So far he is the biggest of all the petty babies... he was 8 pounds!
 I love watching Haylee take on the roll of super overprotective cousin. She wants to hold him and kiss him all over. At the hospital the first night he was here she went to pass him to my mom and proceeded to tell her grandma how to hold him... I guess she is unsure of how to hold a baby... but Haylee knew just how to hold him so he would not cry! I am pretty sure he was NOT ready to come out yet... Kim was ready and she was in labor... but he would only swim UP and pretty much refused to swim down!
 When they finally did take him to the nursery for his bath and stuff Haylee insisted that she follow. I did get a lecture about why she didn't do this with Reagan... my bad! She very closely watched those nurses take care of him... I am sure that if there was a problem that she would of quickly spoken up!
 She is so proud of him! As Haylee's mommy I like to watch her practice her motherly skills and take such interest in the babies. She really is a pro! It is hard to believe that it has been 5 years since I was here with Haylee. I sure do love my little love bug!

No comments: