Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Feeling Violated...

I hate feeling violated. Monday morning Adam was leaving for work and called me to the front door. He said he noticed it when the door didn't shut. Someone tried to break into our home. The door jam is broken and the metal thingy (for lack of a better word) was hanging down. Thankful they didn't get in. Thankful nobody was hurt. Thankful our lock kept them out. Chade is with us this week and he was still up. He heard them messing with the door lock. We have a push button code to unlock the door and it beeps when you push the buttons. He said they pushed buttons. I don't think like a criminal but WHY would you think it is ok to break into a house with cars in the driveway and people are home? I mean... really. I know that if they would of got in they would not of got to far... as we have dogs. BIG dogs and they have scary barks! But I am no dummy that a bullet would make them be quite... and that scares me alot. I never thought I would be a mommy to a heard of dogs... but I am. And I love them! I mean I dislike the hair and the lack of bed space for me... but I love them.

Needless to say I have bought an extra lock that is ONLY on the inside of the house as extra protection and this weekend I do believe we will be doing some handy fix ups to our door and checking other safety things.

Until them I am thankful Adam lets me sleep a little bit closer...

2 comments:

Dani said...

scary!! i'm so glad everyone is ok and that they didn't even get in. i felt a lot safer when i lived with a dog. why do people do such stupid things?

Kathy said...

Very Scary & glad yall are all safe! With in the first week of living here we had people ring the doorbell at 1am and that scared me enough.