Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cookies for Papa

My parents went out of town this weekend to Idaho for my newest cousins blessing. Eden Meridith Kreger. Haylee really really missed my parents. Especially her papa. On Monday she kept telling me that she wanted to make papa cookies. Specifically heart cookies. She loves making sugar cookies with me. When I realized that it was sugar cookies that she wanted to make I told her that there was not enough time. So we ate dinner and papa told me that there was a sugar cookie mix in a bag in our pantry. I was stoked. So she cracked the egg and stirred it up. I helped her finish mixing it, but she did it all herself. It made the BIGGEST mess, but was so worth it. Those are the kind of messes that I'm alright with. She was so happy and had the BIGGEST smile the whole time. Every time that she has a cookie cut out she would call papa over to view it. He is so great and would be so excited for her. Which would only make her smile even bigger. She was so careful with everything that she did, you can see the petty trait that she has been blessed with... The TONGUE sticking out when she is concentrating.



I was actually really impressed with her work. She was so careful to make them all so perfect.



This was the finished product for her papa. Look at how happy she is. And so proud of her work. I was too. She did a really good job. I did not help her really at all. I would move them on the cookie sheet, but she did it all by herself.

One thing that was so cute was how happy my dad was when she handed him his plate. She then proceeded to get my mom a plate and instructed her that she had to stay in the kitchen, and then brittany with the same instructions.



I have to say that it was random, and I have no idea where she came up with this idea of making her papa heart cookies... but it was totally cute and I loved every minute of it. Even all the clean up afterwards... of yeah by the way, the report I got on the cookies is that they were actually pretty good.

4 comments:

Lana said...

so sweet! and I love her apron :)

Robbie said...

She is so cute!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

that is the sweetest thing eve rsniff sniff:)

Aunt Sher Sher said...

How sweet!! Your dad looks like the happiest Papa in the world!!