Monday, December 15, 2008

Extreme Home Makeover

My best friend Melissa's most talented hubby (kelly) was the builder for a recent Extreme Home Makeover project. Melissa became very involved and so did I. I really enjoyed being a part of something that was much bigger then me and serving a local family that was in need of a new home. We were not allowed to take bunches of pictures but I did get some. The crews worked all day and all night. This was night number 2. Just 24 hours before this point it was dirt only there. The house had been knocked down and they were taking away the last of the rubble. It was truly amazing to see it come together so fast and all the different people working together for one purpose so well.
This picture may be a little blurry... but its some of the girls... with the awesome home in the background.


Kara and Melissa putting hard hats together.

Me and Sherry (melissa's sister)... I love this girl.



Sherry making a sign... we needed SOOO many pictures and thought of all that we could do to draw people to the photo booth. She did a good job!



3 comments:

Robbie said...

That is very cool! And you look so happy!

nikko said...

This is so cool! I'm so glad I got the chance to catch up on your blog and read all about it. :o)

marcia@joyismygoal said...

You are so good at service