Friday, March 27, 2009

my Persistant baby Haylee


I have been doing some reading up on strong willed children... because I have one. Never in my life have I seen a will this strong before in a child. Nor a fit that has been thrown like this innocent child can throw. Because of this I am sure that people looking in would think "what a crappy mother" or "cant you get some sort of control over her"
But you know... I parent my child the way I do because of the way she is. She is hard at times... and yet I know for a fact that she was given to me because I have the patience and love to deal with it.
I have learned to pick my battles. This picture above was one Wednesday when I went into work for a little while. I don't usually work on Wednesdays and so I do not have child care of that day of the week. We had been hanging out until my mama got off work and then haylee was going to Grandma's house. I made sure that they were not going anywhere and gave up on trying to get her dressed. It was a little chilly this day so I did make her put on a sweatshirt but she picked everything else out. She made sure she had her purse though.

Even with all of this... I love her to pieces. The book I have been reading in the first 50 pages I wanted to cry... because it proves that I am not a horrible parent and that she's not a bad egg, but rather "more" of everything and this is fine. In fact so fine that there are books on them because all the other parents out there like me feel alone, like I did.

I am not alone.

I have Haylee and she is perfect for me and I am perfect for her.

(i especially LOVE LOVE LOVE her grouchy face here... she was not thrilled about me snapping the photo)

4 comments:

Lana said...

you know what, I really think that children are coming more strong willed than before. and I think it's becuase they are going to need it to stand up to the adversary in the last days. My older three were MUCH easier than my younger and I firmly believe this is why. i also see lots more kids that I would descirbe that way.
And Hayee is adorable and you are an awesome mom!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

what a doll you are and your little one --Yep we each get sent --the child that needs us:)

Steph said...

You are a GREAT mom!! And Haylee is as cute as can be. She looks like such a little woman in that picture! I about died laughing at the 12 month pants too!! haha. You guys are too cute.

The Tall and Short of it said...

What's the name of that book??
I am sure Bay isn't as strong willed as Haylee but still. . . I would love to read up on this too!