Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Papa's Garden

i hate that blogger puts the pictures in backwards order then what i did... it totally messes up the entry i had in mind!

My dad has this garden at this house that is pretty amazing... We are hoping to be able to have LOTS of growth this year. He has worked so hard on it. Haylee LOVES the garden. I think she secretly loves to dig, but she loves to check on the garden and pick the fruits of it. This year she got to help her papa plant. They planted onions, corn, and tomatoes. It was so cute. Haylee explained to me how to plant the onions. I tried to get her to do it again for a video, but i was coaching the explanation so its not quite as cute, but Ill work on getting it posted.


Here she is getting the tomato plants for papa


yes i know, she will KILL me when she's older. But this is actually a funny story. So she is into "COMFY" clothes only. So anything that is not stretch has to be big. So these pants I let the elastic all the way out well they show her bum cause they sag. I tried to get her to let me tighten them, but she kindly stood up and told me, NO, Ill just keep pulling them up like this. And she pulled them up. Kinda cute in a independent kind of way.


Digging Holes for the tomatoes


Onion Planting


This is what I walked out too. She was happily digging and papa was working. But I love to see them work together.

2 comments:

Brett said...

Remember when Ty hamatake had plumbers disease...yea Haylee has it too...

Robbie said...

I love that post!
She may hate the but picture, but the rest of it is so precious. That is so cool that she has this great moment she was able to share with her Grandpa.
I have so many of those stories, she will cherish them forever!