Monday, October 26, 2009

296th Post

Most people blog about the 100th post or whatever... I just noticed that this is my 296th post... WOW... that's alot! But I LOVE going back and reading what I wrote about and remembering the memories. I love that I blog about things Haylee does, because my memory is not a good one. I love that I can watch her grow... I love that I take the time to do this and sometimes wish that I did it more.

Today while I was at work I received the dreaded phone call from Haylee's day care. I HATE seeing that number as a missed call on my cell phone and then the office phone ring. It was one of the teachers and she told me very first... Haylee is alright. BUT they were doing circle time and Haylee was being good. She was laying on the bean bag. Well apparently there was another child who wasn't being so good and the teacher told that child again to sit down. When this child didn't listen again (which is VERY common for these adorable 3 year olds I might add) they stepped backwards and stepped right on Haylee's HEAD! This pushed her earring into her dead which caused it to bleed and she was very very very upset. They got her on the phone so I could talk to her and she lost it. This was very hard for me to be apart from her because it meant that I had to tell my darling daughter to be strong and she would be alright. I know in my head that she was... but my heart was screaming for her.

I called my mom who said that my dad was already on his way. He got there a few moments later and he was able to get her... they called me and she again lost it on the phone. At this time I knew she was with someone who loves this little girl and was able to give her all the attention. When I got off work I went to my parents house and there she was... all better and happy.

I sure do love that little girl... I would of never guessed that being a parent brought out so many emotions.... but it is worth it EVERY time.

3 comments:

Robbie said...

it's amazing isn't it?
When Patrick broke his collar bone I about died. It was so hard to see him in pain and not be able to do anything about it. It is a horrible feeling.

Lana said...

Poor Haylee, I am glad she is fine and that grandpa got her!

I have a good life said...

Being a parent IS worth it. Every time. So glad you have parents close by that love her so much. That must have been very reassuring!!!