Friday I tried to leave work before Haylee went down for her nap at day care. They must of went down a few minutes early and she was already asleep when I went to leave so I left her there to sleep. I know what time they get up so I just planned on going up there about that time to get her. I was about to walk out of the door and the phone rang. It was haylee's teacher. She said that haylee was fine but when she woke up from nap her eye was swollen and all goopy. Haylee was saying "eye hurt" and complaining that it was hurting. They didn't think it was pink eye, but they were unsure of what it could be. The white of her eye was white.
I didn't think it would be that bad, but when I got there it was HUGE! With the biggest green goop seeping out of it. (get the picture??) I take her home and show my mom and we clean it all up. Here it is Friday and her eye looks horrible, so I go and drop my mom off at walmart and run over to a local doctor's office to see if by chance the doctor will see her. This is not haylee's regular doctor or my regular doctor. (they are TOOO busy to ever get in while you are sick) The girl at the front desk was SOOO rude! She basically told me that they have had a full schedule all day and they stop seeing patients at 415 (it was 445 and there were still people in the waiting room) and that I should just go to a care now facility. I asked her to go and ask the Doctor and she refused. As if I was being an inconvenience to her personally and how dare I even ask that question. I had to leave... what was my alternative? There was NO way that I could of made it to haylee's pediatrician's office and there is a good doctor right here. I was so upset. Haylee was right there and she could see her.
I called the pediatrician's office and asked them what I should do, the nurse was great, that's why I go here, and told me that there would be a doctor there for one hour in the morning.
Haylee ran a fever all night friday.
We got up early Saturday morning (haylee has a fever of 102.8) and drove on into the office. The doctor told me that she did have pink eye. He also did a strep test because you should not have fever with pink eye so there was something else going on and her throat looked a bit red. We fought a fever for the rest of the day and then all night saturday and then all day sunday. Sunday night she still had fever and then threw up IN MY BED and the bathroom floor. I have no idea what is wrong with this little munchkin. I HATE to see her be sick. It is so sad. Luckily for me grandma has today off so I could get a few things done at work.
I then came home... we cooked dinner, dishes you know all the normal household stuff. Then when it was time for bed the bedtime battle began. Since baby has been sick she has been sleeping with me. Which has been fine because she is sick. But this has been a habit that I am thankful that hasn't become a solid habit. She cried and screamed which makes me not want to give in that much more. Well it is after 10 and she just got into bed. She ended up falling asleep here in my bed and then I moved her to her bed.
I just hope that this sickness is gone and over with. I guess time will tell.
2 comments:
Pooor Haylee :(
Sorry she is still sick--I loved snuggling up to my sleeping babies.
Post a Comment