Sunday, March 30, 2008

Tippi




When we were little kids Aaron asked for a dog for Christmas one year. Our parents would not get us one... so Santa brought Aaron Tippi. For the longest time he was Aaron's dog. When I got pregnant he became mine. He was very protective of me. He would always sleep with us.

One night me and Tippi went to bed and Meridith came home a little later. Dani and Andrea were with her. Meri came into my room and sat down on our bed, you would of thought she was a bad guy the way tippi came after her. He was always there to protect me.

When I brought Haylee home from the hospital he would get in her car seat and try to nudge her off my lap. He still wanted all of my attention, but it anyone besides me was holding that baby he was right there beside her.

In his old age he lost his hearing, or ignored his name is Brett's theory. He began to lie around alot more, and then had to sleep in the laundry room because he could not control his bladder at night sometimes.

Thursday night he woke everyone up in the house yelping. It was so loud and it was a cry of pain. It happened again on Friday night, and I was holding him, I thought that he was going to die right there in my arms. I took him to bed with me and held him alot on Saturday. I even held him when we took him to the vet, and had him put to sleep. She told me that his heart murmmur was worse then it ever had been before, and he was in obvious pain in his abdomen and he would react strongly when she touched him there. He had been doing that for a while.

I held him the whole time. It was very very hard for me. I love that dog, so much. I did not want him to be scared with a stranger holding him during the shot. I wanted him to feel the love that I had for him the whole time. It was very hard to walk in the door to check it for the appointment. I know that he is in Heaven with Meridith right now, and that is comforting. But I never knew that a little 6 pound dog would make such an impact in my life. I miss you Tippi.

7 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I am so sorry. I have such fun memories of Tippi like going after someones head esp Aaron's when you laid on the floor and the blue pillows will always be his. Sorry he had to go-- you were sweet with him

Steph said...

Oh Rachel! I am so sorry, that is so sad! I can't imagine how rough that is. It's good that he isn't hurting anymore, but it still is hard.

Anjolee said...

I am so sad for you loss. Tippi sounds like a precious member of your family and I know he will always be in your heart. Thinking of you!

Britni said...

We had a dog the first 16 years of my life (my mom had him for 20) and putting him to sleep was one of the hardest things we've ever had to do. Just remmeber that he did have a good life with you even though it's sad.

Robbie said...

OH, that is so sad! I cried when I read it. I know I would be devastated it I were to loose little Boggie, Sorry about Tippi, I know you loved that dog.

Brett said...

dude... could you make me a litte sadder about tippi??

{B}dreamy said...

So sorry my dear. We lost our dog more than a year ago, and I still miss her. At least Tippi has some loved ones to go to, and now he has a dog buddy up there to! Say hi to Pepper for me... *B