Sunday, March 2, 2008

Zoo Party

Yesterday Haylee was invited to a birthday party at the zoo. Blake is turning 5. I had never been to a party at the zoo and was excited to see how it went. There were SOOOOO many people that decided to go to the zoo yesterday. I guess because it was such a nice day. We were in the education building. They brought in 4 different animals. A big blue macaw bird. He was so adorable. Very pretty. He looked as though he had to of weighed at least 15 pounds. However, he only weighs about 1 and a half pounds. They said that if you weighed all his feathers and bones then the feathers would weight more. Then they brought in a possum, not to exciting, and a baby alligator, that was pretty cool. But the last one they brought in was a baby penguin. Okay, he was my FAVORITE!!! He was waving (shaking his head really fast and a lot) to us. This acts as a way for him to throw up any fish that he has recently eaten. The zoo worker said that this is a good thing. That when they do this it is a gesture of the penguin being comfortable or wanting to share with you. He was so cute. Haylee loved it. I was very sad that I forgot the camera. Being that close does not happen very often. And to get her face would of been priceless. However, I am sure that we will have to do that one again. It was really really neat.

Today was church. Our testimony meeting was really good. It was like everyone felt the need to get up today. It was quiet and reverent, and the testimonys were wonderful. My dear sweet 2 year old baby decided to throw a little fit. Ok it was not so little. We were out in the foyer and she only got louder and louder. I am sure that everyone heard her. But when she calms down she is sweet, and likes to cuddle and is the best little girl ever. However during the fits, it is torture for me. I am sure she feels the same way.

4 comments:

nikko said...

That was Haylee? We sure heard it. ;o)

That zoo party sounds way cool.

Robbie said...

I bet the zoo was so much fun! I love that age, everything is exciting!

Lana said...

I've never been to a party at the zoo. Sounds way cool !

It was a good meeting, except for me...I'm embarrased at my cry fest and wish I'd stayed in my seat.

APril wants to VT this month so I'll be giving you a call!

Hey, maybe Haylee can have her next party at the zoo and she can invite Lu then I can come with her :)

utmommy said...

A zoo party sounds like fun!