Thursday, November 15, 2007

ER

Haylee was sick today. Yesterday (tuesday) I did not feel well at all. In fact I did not go to work, and I don't miss work. By the end of the day, haylee did not feel well. Come on... other kids need to be sick, my sweet baby has been sick enough. But sure enough at 3am I get up because she just can not get her breath. She is gasping for air. I get her a breathing treatment, it kinda helps, but not really and we go back to bed. At 7, same thing, gasping. I call into work yet again. (did I mention how blessed I am to have such a wonderful flexible job???) Took her to the doctor and its croup. Which is swelling on the vocal tubes, which in turn closes off the gap to get air.

We then go to Target to get her meds filled, only one and its a steroid. Then we head over to LaFamilia for the BEST mexican food you will ever eat. They make everything, really everything fresh every single day... ITS SOOOOO GOOD. But back to Haylee.... I try to get her one dose in her for today, and for the first time in her life, she will not take it. She tells me, "It's YUCKY" So I end up with her outside, so people inside don't think that Im abusing my poor sick barking child. We go back inside and order our lunch... and then she pukes TWICE! Luckily she was on my lap and facing me, so it only soaked me and her and nobody else in the restaurant knew.

I had some clothes for her, but not me, but when we get back to the table from cleaning up, Brett has run across the street to get me a clean new shirt. I love brothers!!!

She falls asleep while we are here, and then sleeps till 330pm. A 3 and a half hour nap... WHOA!

When we awake we sound alright. Go on about our day, and we get worse again. We decide that we need to go to the ER. Well we just got home. She got a shot in the leg, but now we won't have to fight with the yucky medicine. I hate her being so sick. It is no fun at all.

I am thankful for the medical technology that we have today though. Doctor's are able to help us and we know things now that we can do to help ourselves. I am just thankful... I think I need to remind myself of that when the hospital bill comes... But I am not willing to play chance with my baby. She really was struggling to breathe, and that's a very very scary thing.

While we were there we did play with the camera... I will have to get those pictures up tomorrow... I am going to sleep!!!

2 comments:

nikko said...

That is just not fun. I hope little Haylee feels better soon.

Lana said...

sorry! Poor Haylee. I hope she feels better soon.