Friday, November 16, 2007

i HATE, i mean really HATE... the ER

Haylee had croup... This I know... but Wednesday night we went to the ER (see previous post)

Yesterday day... still clingy, the way she gets when she is sick. Today all she has done is lay around. In fact went to sleep at 11am, before lunch, which is not normal. I went into work and Brett and Britt came over to watch her while she slept. Not being there all week has left me far behind. So I thought that I would go in today while nobody was there, we were closed, and get some serious work done. I did... I am caught up, on the surface (you can see my desk)

Brett calls, several times bless his cute little heart. She is doing nothing... she is only laying on Brittany, she is really hot, where is the thermometer, she has a temp of 102.... So I call the doc, its 415pm on Friday. They said that I should bring her in. So I do.

The doc takes on look at her, and laughs... and says.. You luck is No GOOD!

He checks her out. He has no idea what is going on, but there is this strain on pneumonia going around that is kicking people booties. So he orders a chest xray and a blood count. I am so lucky that he can do all of this in his office. She hates the xray and hates the finger prick too.

We go back to the room, and everything looks fine. Her blood count is great. (with being on the steroids you would expect her white blood count to be low, it was normal) and More then that, her chest xray was normal. I was so thankful. I hate her being sick.

He then goes on to ask if she still was in day care. I said yes. Now I love my ped. He is an older guy, he was my ped when I was a kiddo. He says too bad. (he like the all the "normal home lifes" which I do not have) He told me that her resistance is really low and that even when she is feeling better to keep her out of day care as long as possible. She will catch anything and everything that is out there right now.

Here comes my pity party.... I wish that I could stay home. I wish that life did not cost money. I would love to be able to spend every waking moment doing what I want. Being crafty, making dinner, baking cookies... But life does cost money. I have to be the bread winner for my family. I do like my job. I do like haylee's day care. I love how much she has learned and how much she learns each and every day.

So let's just say... I blame the nasty ER and all the nasty germies there for haylee baby being sick now. yuck yuck yuck yuck... oh well right??

However... tonight when I gave her motrin... she was all better. The fever went away and she started acting like her usual self. I am glad... Let's see if she can make it through the night in her own bed.

3 comments:

Lana said...

sorry!!
The Lord will bless you and sweet Haylee. I have been there and I know it stinks when you have to work but somehow it turns out.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Robbie said...

That sucks that she is so sick!

nikko said...

I hope Haylee is doing better this week.

(((hugs))) from me, too!