Monday, November 12, 2007

My Sweet 2 Year Old

Haylee in her cute preemie jammies... sucking her thumb, making aunt mer mer proud
Aunt MerMer and Baby Haylee
We would call her one eye, she would keep one eye open.
She was SOOOO tiny! And she loved this swing!!

Well I am a day late posting, but still. She is TWO!!! I can not believe that I have a two year old. More then that I can not believe that my sweet baby is two. It was like yesterday that she was born.



She was due December 1, 2005. However, my little brother was getting off his mission in November and my parents were always going to go down to Argentina to pick him up. My mom and I just knew that she would make her way to this world why they were gone. I know that it was hard for my mom to leave that Thursday night, but I urged her to go and told her that I would stay flat on my back just as the doctor ordered. I was swollen for a while but was really swollen at this point and my blood pressure decided to start spiking, so bed rest for me! That day I had a doctor's appointment, my mom went with me, and then because I was going to miss her and be bored, really bored, at home alone I begged her to take me around on all her errands that day. Brett had her running around picking up things, like syrup, for the people of Argentina. We came home and I was feeling pretty good. I laid down while she packed her bag. They left. I was sad. I tried to hold back the tears until after they left. My sweet mother left me a card on the counter and I found it then. I read it and cried a little more.



12:30am I awoke with a strange feeling, like cramps.

2:30am Called my brother Aaron to come get in bed with me.

2:30am-3:30am Took a hot shower, turned on nice calming church music.

3:45am Called my bff melissa... to ask her some crazy "I'm NOT in labor questions"

4:30am... wishing the pain would go away... and asking my self, why do I pee a little each time my tummy has these "cramps"

5:00am Called my grandma to come to the house before Aaron left for school, did NOT want to be home alone.

5:30am called the doc... she told me to go ahead to the hospital



At this point it is SUPER FUNNY... well it is now. I was SOOO NOT ready for this and had nothing packed. Since my water had broke I did not have any other maternity pants to put on downstairs, but was so swollen even those things were really tight. Aaron got me some PRE-FAT pants... yeah right. I did get them on but when he came back in they were off. He was such a trooper. He managed to get me some cooler, looser pants. Grandma got to the house and we were off. For whatever reason I rode with my grandma and Aaron drove his own car there. She was driving sooo slow and took the longest route to the hospital. I am sure this was not the case, but IT HURT!!! I was puking... and had to in the car. I did not come prepared, as I could not think straight. So she did have a walmart bag in the car which I was able to grab at the last second... but what was I going to wipe my face with... OK they were clean... but yes my grandma's undies... there really was nothing else. And at this point I did not care.



7:15am arrived at the hospital I was at a 6.



Aaron got a hold of my mom, who had been in Argentina for one hour and told her that we were at the hospital and I was having a baby.



Haylee Renee' made her grand appearance at 11:04am on November 11. She weighed in at 7 pounds even. (well we got a picture it was really 6 pounds 15.6 ounces, so they round) She was 18 inches long. She was perfectly healthy and ALL mine. I was so proud of myself. I was so proud of Aaron. He held my head up for me and counted each time I pushed.



Haylee got to meet her grandma when she was a week old. She also met her Papa, uncle Brett and Aunt Mer Mer the same day. Poor baby, she had a busy day!!!



Well... that's my haylee story, and since this is really my blog for my stories... I wrote it out.


6 comments:

nikko said...

Aw! I can't believe that she is two already. Seems like yesterday that she was born. Her birth story is great, thanks for sharing. I love the part where your water broke and you had to change your pants. The same thing happened to me when M was born. I was ready to go to the hospital, and then it broke, and I was so mad I had to take the time to change my pants! ;o)

Dani said...

There is no way she is two! Ive only seen her like twice! She is so big and cute!

Thanks for spreading the Mary Kay love :-) You can just email me (dani.brandt@hotmail.com) and order whatever you need... becasue i havent quite figured out the MK website... or how to run a credit card through them :-/.... but I have a ton of stuff now that i need to get rid of so i can pay off my credit card, lol, so Im doing 30% for friends and family ALL the product I have at my apt... if you want i can email you what i have and then you can order... and i will send it to you :-)

Lana said...

oh my goodness she was soooo small. I forgot.
That's a great story. It's funny how the details really stay burned in your memory so clearly.

Happy Birthday Miss Haylee...you have an awesome mom!

Anjolee said...

Happy Birthday Haylee!

I loved reading your birth story. That was a great post and a great way to share about your Haylee Baby!

Robbie said...

Can you beleive that she is 2? It goes so fast. Those pictures are so precious, they made me cry!
You are such a great mom!

Anonymous said...

The day Haylee baby was born...man what a day! Such sweet memories filled with sadness too. You missed and needed your mommy so bad. It broke my heart to know that there was nothing I could do to make that empty sadness go away. I didn't think I would ever be more proud of you Rachel as I was the day you brought her into this big world...boy was I wrong. You have been such an amazing, loving and nurturing mom to your little princess. You give and give and always with a smile. You are so blessed to have the mom and dad that you have, they raised you up with such a huge, giving heart and now Haylee is blessed to have you...the legacy continues. I am so very proud of you Rachel. You are the bestest mommy a kid could ask for in the whole wide world. :)

i love you...
~M~