Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Poor Baby

Today was another day off... it was super fun. We first went to play group, haylee loves to play with Lu and was very excited to hear that. Then we went and bought a truck load of flowers and came home to plant them. Haylee was so cute. I would dig a hole and she would get the flower plant out of the plastic and drop in into the hole. I would have pictures of the final project... except as we were starting to pick up, I grabbed haylee's hand and she pulled one way as I pulled the other... and OUT POPS HER ARM. She gets the nursemaid elbow kinda easy. Well she hasn't in about a year, but she did today. I know how to "put it back" but I tried one time and could not do it. I was not about to keep trying since it is so painful, so I jumped in the shower and off we went to the doctor. By the time we were seen it had been out for an hour and a half, which makes it more painful to put back and makes it sore for a day or so. I felt like a loser parent, even though it is common and there is no long lasting effect really on her. The doctor was surprised to find out that I had put it back into place before. Things like that don't bother me and I know even though it is painful that it is an instant relief once it is back in place.

So now I have no pictures of the dirt caked into her hair or her black hands... I am sure they thought I was one of "those" moms with my super dirty kid bringing her to the doctor with no shoes on and I had no make up and wet hair... but who cares really??

But the flowers look good. I think we may get a few more. I will have to get pictures of miss haylee helping. It was so cute. I am so blessed to have such a cutie who loves to help with everything the way she does.

5 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

Seriously, who cares? I'm glad she's ok, though. Rae, I miss you and our random Chinese takeout nights... *B

marcia@joyismygoal said...

i am glad she is ok--- hurray for days off, flowers, cute kids, and Drs:)

Britni said...

Ouch. That doesn't sound like fun at all.

Lana said...

poor Haylee.

Playgroup was fun, kind of short but fun. Next week will be better..the play ground at McD is always GREAT!

I have a good life said...

So sorry she gets that so easy. Hmmm. I wish we could join you for playgroup. Haylee is so super cute. Thanks for all your help cleaning up tonight! :)