Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Freedom

I was asleep. My mom called me from work. She works for American Airlines. How could I still be asleep when our world as we know it was changing. I lived in Idaho. I was attending BYU Idaho. Me and my roommates laid on the living room floor all day long. We cried and prayed and cried some more. There was hardly any action that day. We cried as we heard recorded phone calls and messages that the heroes from flights were leaving for loved one, because they knew they were going to die. Why? Why does there have to be so much hate? How can it get worse?
I am thankful for America and being able to live in a free country. We have our "bad people" and our crime, but for the most part it's not so bad to be here. I am thankful for our military who are fighting for me personally to be able to have a life here. For the time that they are giving up from family and friends and life to continue to fight for our freedoms, and the freedom they are trying to provide others with.
It was nice to have a flag be flown from our yard this morning. To remind all those that my family supports America. That we sincerely feel for all those families that were personally affected. My mom works for one of the airlines, she felt it. I felt it. Thank goodness for the urge to land all the other planes. Who knows how much more damage was already planned.
I remember... and I won't forget.