Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby Girl

Meridith Marie Petty
Today is my sweet sister's birthday. She would of been 21 today. It saddens me to think that I am not able to go and jump on her bed to wake her up to say happy birthday. She died on May 12, 2006.
Her smile would light up a room. She was an inspiration to all those who came in contact with her. She was special and people saw that. People would say, there is just something about her that is different. She glowed. And not only from the beautiful tan that she kept all year long, but from the beauty that she possessed both on the inside and out. Meridith knew who she was and wasn't afraid to be that person. She was responsible. She was an awesome money saver. She got good grades, and that came pretty natural. She was blessed with a good voice.
More then any of that she was my sister. We had this thing...
I loved You to much to be just your Friend, so God let us be SISTERS.
It was so true. She was my best friend and I was hers. Its actually kinda funny... we had our own rooms, and yet we choose to sleep together. Even when she was coming home from school for the summer we sent each other text messages saying how excited we were that we could sleep in the same bed again. I really missed her when she went off to school, and yet was so excited for her to be able to experience new things and be on her own. That's something that was very important to her.
The day she left for Mexico I remember waking up that morning and getting ready for work. I saw her laying there in bed so peaceful, and it was different. I wanted to wake her, but it was so early. So I let her sleep. I had no idea that the next time I would get to see her would be after her death.
Here is to you Meridith... Haylee is growing up to be so beautiful. We compare your baby pictures to hers and holy cow you guys look just alike. I am so thankful that she has been blessed with your beauty. The hardest part is her not going to remember her aunt mer mer. When we walk upstairs we stop at your picture, she knows you that way, and then she will say "Mer Mer kissses" and wants to give you a kiss. Who would of thought that it would of turned out this way. I miss you more then anything meri and can't wait for the day that I get to be reunited with you. I love you meridith.....

6 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

Rachel that was so lovely I thought of her all day actually all week I talked to your Mom earlier and then when I saw you yesterday I wasn't thinking so it was wonderful to read that I have so many fun and just normal daily (runningerands and borrowing things) memories of all of you. But what sticks in my mind today is the last time I was with the 3 of you in the car, you 2 were fighting over a lippy, I feared getting dragged into it and I did not even want the Lippy.:> You two had a fun spirited friendship and I am glad to know all of you.

I have a good life said...

What a great tribute. I only got to be her teacher for a year or so....but her personality was infectous and I, too, loved her so much. Happy Birthday, Meredith.

nikko said...

Happy Birthday, Meredith!

What a beautiful post, Rachel.

Lana said...

we thought of her all day too. Dani and I talked about her.
I still miss her a lot. She was really special, she sparkled!

Love you

Anonymous said...

I miss her as well. My birthday is 12 May,as was my Grandmother's. It was difficult to be joyful this year on 12 May. I still think of her often. L told me about Danny's engagement entry, so I went to your blog to read about it, and was taken aback by Meredith's picture. I really feel for your Dad. I think of her every time I see him at church, or anywhere. I can't say that I know his pain, but I know he is in it, and wish I could help.

~Rob U

{B}dreamy said...

She's beautiful Rachel.