Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Time Flys

Time sure does fly when you are busy. "The coolest girl in Idaho" informed me that she is missing my updates on my life... since we never get to hang out and see each other, blogging has become our communication line. We used to email each other ALL DAY LONG... when I worked at the bank and she had a job in front of a computer. Now I don't email all day long, I actually work, and she does not really work... she is just in school. Isn't her hubby great!

Last week I cleaned out all of Haylee's drawers and her closet. I have this thing with closets... I like the clothes to all be hung the same way and then in order. Short sleeves, long sleeves, outfits, dresses, pants, you know in order. Then in those sections by color from light to dark. I just like it better that way. You can really find things. I digress... so sorry! So I cleaned it all out and packed up a laundry basket of stuff and a big shopping bag full of fall and winter things and take it to kid to kid. I think... I have been there before. This stuff is less worn and super cute. In the right season, not stained or gunky, and may of been worn one or two times... They call me Saturday to tell me that they are keeping 1/4 of the things I brought in and the offer is $15!!!! I know that they are going to sell it and make profit...but I was stunned. I looked at some of the things they did not keep... Whoa... that was alot of work for not alot of reward. So I still have a laundry basket and shoppping bag full... and I don't know anyone who can benefit. I will figure something out... or oh well.

It was pretty cute though... on Sunday Haylee came upstairs with a different shopping bag with a skirt in it that my mom needs to take back. She told me, Gama's. I told her yes that it was gama's and she walked out of my room. (I was curling my hair.) I then heard in her room her dresser drawer open and then close, open for a bit and then close. I went into her room to see what she was doing ever so quiet, and she was trying to stuff this blanket into this bag. I took out the blanket and she had EVERYTHING from her drawers in this bag. She was so proud of herself. It was all still neat and folded. It was very cute. However now it is all over her room and not folded. But part of that is my fault... I needed some jammies for the child.

Saturday we went to the zoo. More on that one later. I have pictures.

Sunday we threw another one of these HORRIBLE fits where we cry for an hour or more... I mean scream for an hour or more and therefore did not go to church. I could not get her into her car seat without breaking a bone. She is so strong, both physically and willed. I am hoping this is a stage and it too will pass very very quickly.

4 comments:

nikko said...

Sorry about the tantrum. I asked your mom at church where you were and she told me about it. That is NOT FUN!

About the clothes -- if you are willing to just give them away, I've used freecycle.org for stuff like that. Or you could try to sell them on ebay or a garage sale or something. That stinks that Kid to Kid was so stingy! I had a similar experience at 1/2 price books. Brought in a whole pile of books and they offered me $8. Um, thanks, I think!

{B}dreamy said...

Seriously, Will is stronger than I am! What's up with that?

Robbie said...

Oh, Rachel you are the best! I love when you write.
2's are fun, but 3 is even better. They are so sweet at 4 though. At least Patrick was.

Joyismygoal said...

i remember those youwill not put me in that car seat if i do not want to and I DO NOT WANT TO i am going in on a GS w/ my old nieghbor soon and will sell those for you so you can make some dough if you would like?