Thursday, September 20, 2007

In time (I hope) this too will pass

FITS! I mean come on. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just move on!! The other day I was at work and my mom called me. She said meet me downstairs with your keys. I figured she needed something out of my car. When she pulled up she told me that I had to take the little baby to day care. She was crying in her car seat. She then proceeded to tell me the story:

My mom was taking out the trash and so she put haylee into the car, not in her car seat just to roam. She played with the windows and whatever else seemed to be so much fun. When my mom came back up the driveway to buckle her in little miss haylee decided that she didn't have to be buckled and threw a fit. Something that we are becoming very familiar with these days. She managed to get her all buckled in and began to drive haylee off to day care. My mom had to catch a flight to Tennessee (spending time with my dad while he is there for work). As she was driving she looked into her rear view mirror and there she was... STANDING IN HER CAR SEAT!!! That little baby managed to wiggle her way out of the straps and STAND up. So my mom pulled the car over and haylee was in BIG trouble! So by now my mom was running late and didn't want to miss her flight. Thank goodness I work for such good people that I have the ability to leave like that and run her down the street to her day care.

I sure do hope that these days are few and far between. She was a sweet baby last night... so maybe!!!

4 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

Oh my "these are the times that try Mom's souls" How fun that she is asserting her independence I guess now is that guidance thing:>

Lana said...

oh my! She's a houdini! I had one, that explains the 4 car seats in my garage unused. It took that many tries to buy one that she couldn't get out of.

nikko said...

Yikes! Gotta make sure those seat belts are tight, tight, tight. Go get it inspected at a fire station or a hospital if you have to. I've done that before (they check everything to make sure it's installed correctly and adjusted properly) and it's worth the time.

I hope she's done with this stage soon. Just keep doing what you're doing and she'll learn she can't get away with it.

Hang in there! It won't last forever. :o)

{B}dreamy said...

Wow! I don't know what to say to make you feel better except that maybe she is safe and is still cute, regardless the fit... good luck!