Saturday, July 7, 2007
Celebration of Life
Today I went with my mom and dad to a funeral. It was a remarkable lady who was like a mother to both of my parents. My mom used to babysit for her when her children were very young. And her husband was the bishop of my dad when my mom and dad got married. She was diabetic. It had controlled her physical life but not her life. She continued on no matter what physical ailment was trying to hold her back. It was a very good funeral and there were some awesome speakers. One comment that really stuck me was that God decides when we come to this earth and God decides when we come home. I really liked it. (i wish i could figure out when this post actually posts how it can keep the spaces I put in between paragraphs. until then sorry this all runs together) Haylee went to day care. I did have to work this morning and besides that when we would be leaving it would be end of lunch and beginning of nap, so I didn't want to disrupt her nap. I wanted her to get a good one. But when I picked her up that told me that she loves the alligator and monkey song. I would like to try to find some of these Cd's that they have here, they are all such fun songs and Haylee really likes them all. She has this amazing love for music and dancing, I wonder who she belongs to. On the way home I asked to her sing me the monkey song... oh how I wish I could of recorded it. Her face just lit up and she spit out her binky (she thinks she has to have it in the car, and I'm alright with this since when i do pick her up she is always so tired) but she was singing, of course I didn't understand her, but I did understand monkey. There is a line that says something like the alligator sneaks through the forest and you put your hands together and swerve them (make sense) and then the alligator goes snap... she did those motions so I knew then what part of the song she was in. It was just so adorable. But then again... she is always adorable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hi Rachel,
I'm here kind of sheepishly and very much embarrasaed to apologize to you for our conversation this morning. That is not a word I ever use and I was shocked to hear it come out of my mouth. I guess I need to stop watching TV or something because I didn't even think and there is was. I feel awful about it.
You are dear to me and I would never want to say or do anything that is wrong. Sadly I do every day.
Anyway, I really am sorry.
Also, Haylee looked so cute today. Lets get together and swim or something soon so she and Lucy can play.
Post a Comment