Sunday, July 1, 2007

Random Thoughts

Sunday's are never any fun because little haylee has to miss her nap. Church falls right in the middle of a normal 2 hour nap, sometimes even longer. So she is grouchy... not today. I took her out early to rock her and she went to sleep... and slept for the next 2 hours. Rocking her to sleep has become a habit, and one that I'm alright with. Its like a time for me and her to bond and be away from everyone else. We are able to listen to music and she falls asleep in my arms, feeling all safe and secure. Right when it was over she woke up and was STARVING. She ate a banana on the way home and then still ate dinner.



I bought her a booster chair for the "big table" in hopes to start teaching her to eat like a person, not a starving animal. I am not sure how well this is going to work. Tonight we had sweet and sour chicken, which involves rice. So it was everywhere, but its nice to have her at the table with us.



Today was fast and testimony day. There was a young man who got up and bore his testimony and I have to give him kuddos for it. There has been a horrible tragedy happen to a family we know in Utah. A car accident. 3 of the family members so far have died and two others are still in the hospital. A young 25 year old boy is the one who hit this family in a head on collision. The young man who bore his testimony said he was fasting today for the 25 yr old. I have to agree with him that it will be a hard like for him for now on. With having a person in my family who caused an accident and a death happened from it, I know how hard it is. Only it was my brother who feel asleep and my sister is the one who died. I feel for all families involved, and all those who are more affected then myself. Ever since my sister, things don't ever seem that bad. I guess I'm becoming numb to some things to save myself from the hurt.

1 comment:

Lana said...

no one's death has been as sad to me as Meridith's was. I don't know why ...but we really miss her.

I thought Sam was very brave, he's a good boy.