Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Things that make me smile

There are times right now that I feel more like a babysitter then I do a mom. In a perfect world I would be able to do mom things, stay home with haylee, be more prepared for stuff and have the time to do more for people. By the time I get home from work it is still work. Duh right? But then when do I get to do mommy things with the baby? What are mommy things I ask myself... I don't know, just mommy things. Yesterday I had a dentist appointment. I know I work for one, but I have been going to my dentist FOREVER... we are very close family friends...but he asked me what did I want to do basically as I grow up. I hate it when people ask me this question... because my answer is so lame... a stay at home mom. And NOT that being a sahm is lame, but it is when they is so totally out of the question. I have to work to provide for me and my dd. I am jealous of sahm and I know that the grass is always greener on the other side. HOWEVER despite the depressing tone of this entry... There are so many things that I am thankful for when it comes to being a "mom". Haylee makes me smile all the time. The way she talks and the things she says. I just love it.


Words...

"thank you mommy: followed by "your welcome haylee"
"ga-ma pa-er" (prayer)
"papa pa-er" (prayer)
when we are done with night night prayer "kisses"
"i hold it"
"i cook it"
"mommy rock you" (i rock her at night before she goes to bed)
"sossie" followed by "binky" (softie and binky are staples in her little life)
"ribbits bye bye"

These are just a few things that brighten my day. Every time that I see how smart she is and how much love she has for everything, even ribbits (or frogs), just amazes me. How lucky am I to have someone like haylee in my life, even though I do work. She is my everything.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Haylee is lucky to have you for a mommy. She is so adorable.

Someday you'll be a SAHM, I am sure of it. In the mean time enjoy now. In some ways it's easier because you can put all your focus and energy on H. And there is only one vote when it comes to big decisions. I know the flip side is all the weight is on your shoulders too but it's not all bad.

Trust in the Lord's timing. He loves you and he loves little missy and things will work out great.

love ya too! you are so nice :)